Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Month of Being Thankful

"G" is for Good People


I am thankful for good people. Good people can really make your day. Every day there are people out in public doing good deeds, helping people out of the kindness of their hearts, many times without anything in return. Good people doing good things help make the world go around.

In my little world one day about 7 or so years ago, one good people really changed my day. Did you ever hear about the time I left my purse hanging on the hook in a bathroom stall in Japan - in Shabooya no less. I didn't realize it until about 30 minutes or an hour later when Cary and I were across the street shopping in a 7 story mall and I reached for my purse to get some Hello Kitty gum and it wasn't there. I instantly remembered what I did and in a panic I said "excuse me" over and over again in my best Japanese and rushed across the street straight to the bathroom stall where a line was now formed. When I finally made it to the stall door it wasn't hanging there anymore...ugh...my heart sank and I felt a cold sweat break out all over. I went to the cashier asking about it and in seconds she came back with my purse, all contents still inside and handed it over to me like it was no big deal. WOW. Good people!!

Good people are amazing and you feel the impact of their kindness instantly.

Thank you to all the good people out there. Keep up the good work, we thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment